05 April 2013

Moving!!!

We're gettin' fancy over here and moving to a new spot and calling this thing a journal!

Thanks!


(you'll find this post at the new address as well, 
but everything from now on will be at the wordpress site)
2 Reasons to Start Sewing Softies
These incredibly adorable bunnies!


Sister bunny.
I used material from a maternity shirt I wore with Eleanor for the lining of the ears. 
Everything else is from my fabulous local craft shop/studio - Homemade.


And brother bunny.
Wyatt loves his red "old girls" (overalls), so even though Alicia doesn't have patterns for boy clothes yet, I just put something together for him.
The ear liners are from one of my husbands old button-downs.  (Everything else, again, Homemade)




I had way too much fun with this little photo shoot!

These were so SO fun to make!  I enjoyed every bit of it.
I have admired Alicia's felt ornaments in the past but have never purchased a pattern from her.  When I saw the Maggie Bunny, I knew I had to try my hand at making softies.  And I'm so glad I started with her pattern!  It was clear, easy to understand for a beginner, very detailed and the results are fantastic!  



Pretty handsome siblings, if I do say so myself.
;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment