07 June 2012

Birthday presents

More sewing today!

Before we left New Orleans we had several birthday parties to attend.  Two were for little girls, so I decided to try my hand at pillowcase dresses.  I found some tutorials on Pinterest, looked a few of them over and then just went with it.  They turned out pretty well!


I was able to find some really cute pillow cases at the local thrift shop.  This dress was for a 1 year old.


 But just a dress isn't enough, is it?  I didn't think so, so each little lady got a matching flower hair clip!  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the flower for the dress below, but it pretty much looks like the one above.


How neat is this pillowcase?  I was so excited when I found it because I knew it would be perfect because my friend is a quilter!  This dress was for a 2 year old.


The bottom was part of a different pillowcase I cut off and sewed on the dress.  
These were a lot of fun and I have a few more planned that will hopefully turn out to look like a watermelon slice!  Too cute.


Blessings,
Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment