Hello there!Still haven't taken pictures of finished projects - but I have managed to whip up some "new" projects since we've been home.
Well, one was more of an improvement I'd say.
Not usually the prettiest things out there and the ones that are pretty are also pretty expensive. I had a plain ole' white one that I decided to dress up a little bit. Some lace trim and ribbon (all from my stash) and hello new bra! (sorry I don't have a picture, but you get the idea, right?)
And some nursing pads. I have been using disposables which I am not too fond of, so I decided to go ahead and make some reusable ones. (I also considered just buying some from the lovely and talented vendors on Etsy, but in the end I just didn't want to wait) I mostly followed this tutorial by I Sew, Do You? (thank you Pinterest!), but my layers were a little different.
Flannel, fleece, diaper, flannel.
All from things I had around the house -
flannel from the quilt I finished in New Orleans,
diapers from the cloth diaper pile
and fleece from some pajama's Big Brother has outgrown.
Speaking of making do, I created a new board in Pinterest called "Make Do and Mend" where I'm attempting to gather what I can on all things 'mending'. Bits of information, history, neat ideas/ways to mend, styles of mending, etc. So if you're on Pinterest (or not) and you happen to find anything about mending and feel so inclined - please send it my way!
All this was started by a hole in the heel of a pair of my husband's wool socks - and then I got a book - and then...but I'll save the rest for another post.