25 January 2012

Card Making - while traveling

This may seem like a silly topic and most probably it is.  I mean, really, how often do you need to make cards while traveling?
I guess one never really needs to make cards, but they are so much fun!  This year we were gone over Christmas and as much as I would have liked to have had the cards done and mailed well before the holidays, it just didn't happen.  So, I took supplies with me to make them in the hotel.


I wasn't going to haul my whole craft room to Hawaii though.  I just brought the basics and planned out ahead of time what I wanted them to look like so I could bring minimal supplies.  
Here's the list:

The cards were a set from Michaels that they sell in packages of folded blank cards and envelopes to fit.  

One (thin) scrapbook pad in a motif that I liked (in this case Hawaiian - thanks Teresa!)

Scissors

Markers

Pen

Adhesive


That's about it!  
I lucked out and found a stamp at a drug store on the island so I didn't have to write out Mele Kalikimaka on each card.  Instead of an ink pad, I just used one of the markers.  Customizable colors!


I added some doodling to the pre-made scrap book embellishments and papers.
The original plan was to take a picture of us on vacation and upload it to a local Walgreens to have it printed out in the quantity needed.  I ended up just using a picture we already had, but did upload it to a Walgreens within walking distance so I could just go pick them up... and voila!


Christmas cards while traveling!

Blessings,
Daphne


No comments:

Post a Comment