13 February 2012

The weekend

Not too much to share - but I did finish one of the hand quilt along blocks for my grandmother's pillows!  I've already started another.



I'm signed up and ready to go for the Hari-Kuyo Needlebook e-course with Susan over at Plays With Needles (see the button on the right?  It'll take you right to the class information!).



I can't wait to get started.  Love the fabrics she used and especially the flower on the front of the book, but I decided I'm going to use some special bits of fabric I have around here - like more of grandma's clothes and some other fabrics I remember my mom and grandma sewing with when I was little.

It's been chilly here which makes me so glad I made that hat for the little one.  He's gotten quite a bit of wear out of it already.

I've yet to start on my sweater, but my friend Janet came over and gave me some much needed instruction on how to read the pattern.  She also brought a fun embroidery book for me!  So many neat projects I'd like to make for the little ones!



Haven't painted in AWHILE now (it feels that long) so I'm going to try to carve out some time today.

Hope you had a lovely weekend friends!

Blessings,
Daphne




No comments:

Post a Comment