16 February 2012

Change of plans

What is it they say?  Necessity is the mother of invention?


Well, I ran out of watercolor paper and was really bummed about it yesterday because the stars aligned and I had some time to paint!  And then I remembered a very nice commenter had mentioned painting on book pages - I have been wanting to try that!  So I did.


I sort of went to town and as fast as I could, did as much as I could.


I'm still getting used to what the true colors of the tray paints are - as evidenced by this 'block'.  The scary thing is, I had a hair bow in those exact same colors in the early 90's.  

The standing sunflower was done with watercolors in a tray, the other one with paint from tubes.  There is a big difference in how opaque they are.  I think I prefer the tube colors for watercolor paper because I really like the softness, but on this paper the tray colors seem to show up better.


Any thoughts?


I hope to have some quilty news soon - that is not watercolor related!  
I just love traditional quilting blocks so I plan to make a series of cards featuring them. 


Blessings!
Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment